Due to anticipated cases of the influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in the community, and for the safety of our patients, families and staff at CHOC Children’s Hospital, visitor restrictions will be implemented starting today, January 26 to March 31, 2015 (these dates may change due to early or late circulation of virus).
Please share the following guidelines with your staff, as well as your patients and families being admitted to CHOC:
- Only two parents/guardians who are well will be permitted to visit during January 26 – March 31.
- For hospitalizations extending beyond two weeks, parents may complete a visitor restriction exemption form, listing four surrogate names.
- The use of masks, gowns and gloves will be enforced as appropriate. Proper hand washing is necessary each time you enter and exit your child’s room.
- Patients in isolation and their parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the playrooms or visit other patient rooms.
- When your child is visiting public areas in the hospital (given approval from your child’s physician), please remember to use good hand hygiene and stay 3 feet away from others.
In addition, all physicians visiting patients at CHOC will need to show proof of influenza vaccination or will be required to wear masks. For physicians who have privileges at CHOC and have CHOC ID badges, the 2014-2015 pink flu stickers on your badges will be sufficient proof.
Thank you in advance for your valued partnership in helping us to protect the well being and safety of the children and families we serve.