A new era of pediatric care in Orange County is underway with CHOC Children’s seven-story tower scheduled to open in April 2013. The state-of-the-art tower will feature patient care services provided within a completely pediatric-focused environment, including Orange County’s only pediatric emergency department, operating rooms, two cardiac catheterization labs, radiology, laboratory and pathology services.
Activation plans are making remarkable progress, including IT integration, staff on-boarding and training, licensing preparation, and implementation of new services and equipment.
Please take note of the following key milestones:
- CDPH Licensure – January 22-24, 2013
- Second Floor Family Services Open – February 4, 2013
- Lab Opens – February 5, 2013
- Level II NICU at St. Joseph Hospital Opens – February 11, 2013
- Hem/Onc Opens – February 12, 2013
- Imaging Opens – February 19, 2013
- Minor Procedures Open – March 4, 2013
- Outpatient Surgery Opens – March 6, 2013
- Inpatient Surgery Opens – March 11, 2013
- Heart Institute Opens – March 18, 2013
- Cath Lab Opens – March 21, 2013
- Emergency Department Opens – March 26, 2013
- Tower Fully Operational – April 2013
Please note, some of these dates can change.
In addition, the hospital is now utilizing a new address: 1201 W. La Veta Ave. And, in an effort to simplify the phone numbers on campus, all CHOC phone number and fax prefixes (excluding CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital and CHOC Children’s Specialty Center at Hoag Health Center-Newport Beach) have been replaced with 509. This will not affect the main phone number – 714-997-3000. Please share this information with your staff.
CHOC is committed to continue keeping you and your patients informed in the coming months.
For more information on this exciting expansion, please visit www.choc.org/expansion.