CHOC Children’s has been ranked as one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals rankings, available today at www.usnews.com/childrenshospitals. CHOC ranked in the following specialties: Cancer; Diabetes & Endocrinology; Gastroenterology; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Orthopedics; and Urology.
“CHOC deserves high praise for its accomplishments,” said Health Rankings Editor Avery Comarow. “CHOC has a reservoir of dedication and expertise that helps the sickest kids. Our goal at U.S. News is to identify and call attention to pediatric centers like this one.”
For more about this recognition, click here.
The U.S. News honor adds to a growing list of recent accomplishments for CHOC, including:
- Recognition by the state as a leader in performance excellence with the Gold Level CAPE Award
- Distinction as the only pediatric hospital on the West Coast to earn the Gold Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence
- National recognition of CHOC Children’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program as a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Acknowledgement by the Children’s Hospital Association for improvements in medication safety – the only children’s hospital on the West Coast to be recognized
- Distinction of earning a $5.5 million research grant from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine