At CHOC, we know you want to provide your patients the very best care every day, especially during these uncertain times. CHOC has been in close contact with local, state and federal authorities to stay up to date with the latest outbreak information and ensure we’re following the best practices to limit the spread of COVID-19.
For the safety of our patients and families, here are just a few of the following procedures and measures currently in place:
- Developed workflows to triage patients presenting with possible symptoms and best practices for treating suspected cases.
- Increased screening at all CHOC entrances. All visitors, patients, physicians and staff members are screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all CHOC locations. For those who don’t have masks, we will provide our donated cloth masks at screening.
- Visitor guidelines have been strengthened to help protect our patients, families, physicians and staff. For full details, please see our visitor guidelines.
- Clinical areas are cleaned multiple times per day, in addition to the medical grade sanitization we have always provided. We will continue to thoroughly sanitize to the most rigorous standards.
- We have established an Incident Command Center composed of a multidisciplinary team of leaders. The Command Center centralizes operational decisions, and coordinates CHOC’s response with local authorities and neighboring facilities.
As CHOC and other healthcare facilities adapt to the fluid environment created by the COVID-19 pandemic, and national, state and local recommendations and guidelines changing, we want you to know that we are open and have the following resources to help provide the safest care:
- Telehealth appointments are available. To refer a patient, please call the Patient Access Center at 888-770-2462.
- Our 24/7 Nurse line, 1-844-GET-CHOC, is available for parents who have questions about their child’s health.
- If your patients’ families have recently lost or do not have medical insurance, they can call CHOC Family Financial Resource Center at 714-509-8600.
Please visit our website for the latest information about visiting our locations.